Duquesne's faculty are internationally acclaimed for their expertise, research and scholarship in a wide range of fields. Duquesne University believes that strong researchers have the best foundation for being strong teachers.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi - Duquesne University Chapter 187
Creative Teaching Award Winners
These faculty members have implemented innovative ways of teaching and have assessed its impact on student learning.
- Jeffrey Evansick (Chemistry & Biochemistry)
- Ava Cipri (English) & Marcia Rapchak (Gumberg Library)
- Holly Lassila & Jamie McConaha (Pharmacy)
- Cynthia Walters & Yvonne Weideman (Nursing)
- Jeryl Benson (Occupational Therapy)
- Susan G. Goldberg (Psychology)
- Jennifer Padden Elliott & Pamela Koerner (Pharmacy)
- Amy Phelps (Business)
- Heather Rusiewicz (Speech-Language Pathology)
Graduate Student Award Winners
These students have demonstrated teaching effectiveness and will receive training on how to present evidence of teaching excellence.
- Julie Futrell (Psychology)
- Akshata Nevrekar (Pharmacy)
- Kimberly Rosmus (Chemistry)
- Emily Rutter (English)
- Sarah Carnahan Craig (Biological Sciences)
- Maureen Gallagher (English)
- Joseph Hamer (Psychology)
- Ryanne Palermo (Pharmacy)
- Beth Surlow (Biological Sciences)
Distinguished Dissertation Award Winners
Created to recognize exceptional and unusually interesting scholarly work produced by Duquesne University doctoral students as evidenced through their dissertation projects. The nominees' overall academic accomplishments will also be taken into account.
- Lina D. Dostilio, Ed.D. (Educational Leadership)
- Jacob N. Graham, Ph.D. (Philosophy)
- Kristen M. Kruszewski, Ph.D. (Chemistry)
- Brian M. Zacour, Ph.D. (Pharmacy)
Ford Foundation Diversity Scholarships
The Ford Foundation Diversity Fellowships seek to increase the diversity of the nation’s college and university faculties by increasing their ethnic and racial diversity, to maximize the educational benefits of diversity, and to increase the number of professors who can and will use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students. For more information and applications for fellowships for predoctoral, dissertation, and postdoctoral grants, please click on the link below.