AVST Voicemail Setup
The first time you access your voice mailbox on the new system, you will be asked to change your security code, record your name, and record a personal greeting.
1. Access Your New Mailbox
You will login to your new mailbox using a temporary security code.
- Call the voice mail system at x4740 (or 412-396-4740 from off-campus or from a cell phone).
- IMPORTANT: After the voice prompt press the *(Star Key) and continue by entering your 4-digit extension number (mailbox number).
- Enter the temporary security code of 3853 (or DUKE).
- Please Note: If you hear "Invalid Entry" after you enter your extension number your voice mailbox does NOT exist. Call the Help Desk (412-396-4357) to request that a ticket be entered to create a voice mailbox.
The system will now play a brief introduction to get you acquainted with using voice mail.
2. Change Your Security Code
You will be prompted to select a new 4-digit security code for your mailbox.
- Enter a new security code
- Please Note: This number cannot match your current extension number; however, you may choose to reuse your current voice mailbox security code.
- Press # when completed.
- Re-enter your security code to confirm and Press #.
3. Record your name
You will now be prompted to record your first and last name.
- Press 2 to begin recording. You will now be prompted to record your first and last name. Simply state you first and last name only. Do not record your greeting at this time.
- Press 2 to end recording.
- Press 5 to save or Press 6 to review.
- Press 4 to discard and re-record or Press * (star key) to cancel.
- Press # for Help.
4. Record a personal greeting
You will now be prompted to create your personal greeting.
Example: "Hi, this is John Doe. I am away from my desk or on another line. Please leave a message at the tone and I will return your call. Thank you.
- Press 2 to begin recording and Press 2 to end recording.
- Press 2 again to continue recording if you need to add to your personal greeting.
- Press 5 to save your greeting or Press 6 to listen to your greeting (review).
- Press 4 to Discard and re-record.
- Press 3 to back up 5 seconds or Press 9 to advance 5 seconds.
- Press * (star key) to cancel.
- Press # for Help.
- Once you are satisfied with your greeting, just save
Congratulations your new voice mailbox is now setup!