The Catholic Intellectual Tradition and Spiritan Studies Award for Undergraduate Research
The Center for the Catholic Intellectual Tradition (CCIT) and Center for Spiritan Studies (CSS) are pleased to announce an award for undergraduate research. Our aim is to celebrate and encourage undergraduate research that engages resources in Catholic intellectual traditions in general or Spiritan sources more particularly. The award will include a prize of $250.
Research projects accepted for the Undergraduate Research Symposium (URSS) will be considered for the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and Spiritan Studies Award for Undergraduate Research. To learn more about the URSS and submit an abstract please visit http://www.duq.edu/research/student-research/urss. To learn more about the Center for the Catholic Intellectual Tradition visit www.duq.edu/cit. To learn more about the Center for Spiritan Studies visit http://www.duq.edu/about/centers-and-institutes/spiritan-studies
The directors of the Center for the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and the Center for Spiritan Study will evaluate relevant submissions according to the following criteria:
Substantive engagement with Catholic intellectual resources in general or Spiritan Resources particularly
- Clearly identifies Catholic or spiritan resources (concepts, theories, thinkers, texts, practices, communities, cultural products) to be explored as the primary focus of research or applied in the service of another research topic
- Demonstrates understanding of and faclity with those resources
- Scholarly merit
- Clearly defined research agenda
- Demonstrated familiarity with relevant literature
- Depth of analysis
- Critical thinking and originality
Communication of research
- Organization and clarity
- Effective use of poster format
- Megan Barber, Sophomore/Rangos School of Health Sciences
"Religious and Spiritual Application in Healthcare"
- Stephanie Sloan and Rebecca Marie Yoder, Sophomores/Mary Pappert School of Music
"From Heavens to Hands: A Student's Perspsective on the Music of Charles Tournemire"
Center for the Catholic Intellectual Tradition
Center for Spiritan Studies