Center for Teaching Excellence
Slides from Sept. 16, Room 613 Union Better Together: Highly Effective Practices for Engaged Learning with Terrel Rhodes, Vice-President, AAC&U
Several upcoming CTE events feature well researched teaching approaches that require minimal preparation and grading and can be adapted by teachers in varied contexts. They are inspired, in part, by Lang's 2016 book, Small Teaching.
Take a look at the variety of instructional and professional development events for faculty and graduate students. Register online.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
Teaching & Learning Tips
- Exam Wrappers
- High-Impact Educational Practices
- Incorporating Multicultural Topics
- Lecture Strategies
See the Teaching & Learning Tips Archive to discover other techniques to enhance your students' learning experience.
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!