Center for Teaching Excellence
Welcome, New Faculty and Graduate Students! Read more about getting started teaching at Duquesne.
Take a look at CTE's Fall 2016 Events and don't miss this Special Event on September 16:
Better Together: Highly Effective Practices for Engaged Learning with Terrel Rhodes, Vice-President, AAC&U
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
Teaching & Learning Tips
- The First Day of Class
- Learning Student Names
- Importance of the Course Syllabus
- Establishing an Online Teaching Presence
See the Teaching & Learning Tips Archive to discover other techniques to enhance your students' learning experience.
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!