Center for Teaching Excellence
Please join us at the
Thursday, April 6
3:30pm in the Power Center Ballroom
Several CTE events feature well researched teaching approaches that require minimal preparation and grading and can be adapted by teachers in varied contexts. They are inspired, in part, by Lang's 2016 book, Small Teaching.
The following workshops and handouts are available online via DORI (multipass required).
- Transparent Assignment Design
- Rubrics To Promote and Assess Student Learning
- Faculty Peer Review of Teaching
- Preparing an Effective Case for Third Year Review, Promotion, and Tenure
- Designing Effective Adult Learning Experiences
Teaching & Learning Tips
Energize your classroom after spring break: Read more about post-break motivation here!
See the Teaching & Learning Tips Archive to discover techniques to enhance your students' learning experience.
The Flourishing Academic
Check out The Flourishing Academic. This multi-voice blog features posts on teaching and learning by CTE staff and peer leaders. Please visit often, comment actively, and teach enthusiastically!