Faculty Professional Development
Duquesne University and Academic Affairs place a high priority on providing professional development opportunities for faculty and chairs. Below, you will find information on upcoming program offerings.
Be sure to check back often for updates!
Department Chairs' Workshops
If you are interested in attending any event, please RSVP to Grace Sommers.
Departmental Leadership: About the Series for Academic Chairs
Academic departmental leadership is crucial to the success of Duquesne at every level from institutional reputation and strength, to individual faculty and student success. Academic Affairs seeks to support academic chairs in the following ways:
- build community across Duquesne by addressing the needs of new and experienced chairs, and by bringing them together to learn from and support one another
- communicate expectations for Duquesne department chairs
- explore best practices in departmental leadership in higher education
- respond to requests for training and materials
- encourage chairs to attend national institutes on academic leadership so that they can bring ideas back to the group and be refreshed in their own leadership
For more information on past events, visit the Academic Affairs Professional Development Events Archive.