- The National Service-Learning Clearinghouse: the Clearinghouse is a program of Learn and Serve America. It houses example course syllabi, offers national list serves, and operates a vast lending library.
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning: the MJCSL is one the academic research journal dedicated to service-learning.
- Campus Compact: a national organization concerned with educating college students to become active citizens. Dr. Dougherty is one of its 1,100 presidential members and through his membership, Duquesne faculty enjoy the resources of the Compact.
- International Association for Research on Service-learning and Civic Engagement: international nonprofit membership organization devoted to promoting research and discussion about service-learning and community engagement.
- SPRING Service-Learning Network: regional association to which Duquesne University belongs.