Student Services and Responsibilities
Students in the Gussin Spiritan Division are full members of the Duquesne University family. They:
- Share all the benefits and responsibilities of campus life.
- Agree to fully participate in all programs and services provided by the Division.
- Benefit from membership in a learning community of students united by common interests and characteristics.
- Enroll in standard University courses, including the University core curriculum.
- Are bound by the University policy on academic integrity.
- Participate in all extra-curricular and intramural and collegiate athletic activities.
- Compete successfully--academically and socially--with other Duquesne freshmen.
- Use all Duquesne undergraduate student services, including:
Completing the Division
Division students declare their majors and transfer to their intended Duquesne schools once they have completed the Division curriculum and met the requirements of those schools. This can be accomplished in the academic year.
Once a student has enrolled at the University, the provisions of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) take effect.
- FERPA prohibits the University from disclosing a student's education records to most third-parties, including parents, without the student's consent.
An enrolled student may waive FERPA rights to specific persons, e.g., parents, by logging onto DORI and following the steps in Self-Service Banner to complete the FERPA Waiver.