Summer Semester Experience
The first-year in the Gussin Spiritan Divison begins with a mandatory 5-week summer semester running from late June until the end of July. The semester includes these study components:
- University core and Division required courses of three credits in core English 101 (Thinking and Writing Across the Curriculum) and three one-credit courses:
- Research and Information Skills, from the University core
- Strategies for Academic Success, a Division core focusing on study skills for college
- Introduction to University Success, another Division required course.
During the summer sementer students experience
- Tuition discounts
- Non-credit classes that support credit course work.
- Abilities and interests testing to determine strengths, learning style, career choice, etc.
- Social and cultural activities to encourage community among cohort students.