Post-Baccalaureate Application Requirements
Admission into the PBPMP is highly selective. The student’s application is evaluated on a number of factors, which include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstration of academic excellence (minimum math/science & cumulative grade point averages of 3.0)
- Evidence of care giving experiences, including volunteer work
- Experience in a health-care setting (either paid or volunteer)
- A realistic understanding of the demands of the profession
- Two supportive letters of recommendation from faculty members (non-traditional students may provide letters from supervisors or someone who knows them well)
Applications are accepted for the fall semester within the time frame listed below. Material received after these dates will not be considered. Once an application and all supplemental materials are received, they will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.
The application and all supplemental materials must be received by the deadline for the application to be considered. Missing recommendation letters, test scores, etc. will cause your file to be incomplete, and unable to be reviewed.
December 1 to April 1 – for enhancement track applicants
December 1 to February 1 - for career changer track applicants
When applying, the following items must be submitted:
- The typed or neatly printed application
- Sealed official transcripts from all universities attended
- SAT or ACT scores (Copies can be attained through your high school guidance office or through the College Board. If you opt to have them send electronically through the College Board, please be sure to note that on your application.) These are required for ALL applicants if taken.
- Any standardized test scores available, including the MCAT, GRE, or DAT. You must submit copies of all scores if a test has been taken more than once. These scores MUST be official..
- Two confidential letters of recommendation, ideally from faculty who are familiar with your academic ability, submitted in a sealed envelope
- Copies of any health professional school applications if you have applied in the past. (ie. AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS, etc)
- $40 non-refundable application fee, payable to Duquesne University
- Current resume
More questions? Please refer to our FAQ page.