Application & Instructions
The application for Fall 2018 has opened as of December 1st.
Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Professions Program (PB-PMHPP)
Step 1. Complete the on-line graduate application.
(Be sure you choose the option "Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical and Health Professions Program application")
**Students interested in the Weekend Pharmacy or Second Degree Nursing Programs should NOT fill out the Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical and Health Professions application. Please apply to those programs specifically.
Step 2. After you hit submit for the on-line Post-Baccalaureate application, a list of links will appear by progam name to direct you to the supplemental information needed. Be sure to submit all of the supplemental materials listed below TOGETHER, in ONE packet.
A Completed Supplemental Packet must include:
- Sealed official transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions where you earned credit
- A personal statement, maximum one page in length, (single-spaced, 12pt. font), describing your professional goals and reasons for pursuing the PB-PMHPP and a summary of how you came to decide on pursuing a Post-Baccalaurate Program. Note: If also planning to apply to one of our dual master's programs, you need to include a separate, brief statement as to why you wish to pursue that degree path.
- Official SAT and/or ACT scores. These scores may be sent in one of three forms: listed on a sealed high school transcript, official paper report from the College Board, or an official report sent electronically from the College Board to Duquesne University. School SAT or GRE code is 2196. School ACT code is 3560.
- While you are neither encouraged nor required to take advanced standardized tests, please submit official score reports of all graduate tests taken. (e.g. MCAT, DAT, GRE, or OAT) You must submit copies of all official score reports.
- Two letters of recommendation that speak to your academic ability, social skills, passion for your intended profession, and other professional attributes. These letters should be written with the specific intent to attend the PB-PMHPP. All letters must be in sealed envelopes with the recommender's signature written across the back seal.
- Completed Math/Science GPA worksheet. Note: all post-secondary math and science (biology, chemistry and physics) course work must be included, and if a course was taken twice, BOTH attempts should be included in the calculation.
- Copies of any previously submitted applications (e.g. AMCAS, AACOMAS, AADSAS, etc.) made to medical or health professional schools
- Listing of each volunteer, research, shadowing, employment and/or other pre-application experiences that support your intent to pursue medical or health professional programs (eg. medical scribe, dental observations, etc.) Please provide the information in the following format: Experience, time interval, total hours, summary of activities.
Send completed supplemental packets to:
Duquesne University Pre-Medical and Health Professions Programs
600 Forbes Avenue
700 Fisher Hall
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
The University on-line application must be complete and all supplemental documentation received by the PB-PMHPP by the final deadline below. All supplemental materials must be returned to the PB-PMHPP office before the application can be reviewed.
Applications completed and received by April 15th will be given priority for review and consideration. Completed applications received after April 15th may be considered for review at the discretion of the PB-PMHPP based upon space availability in the program until May 15th. Applicants considering the PB-PMHPP certificate master's degree option also are subject to the review of those program standards, deadlines and space availability.
Please note that while the application cycle may remain open, the PB-PMHPP cannot guarantee course availability for applicants who apply after April 15th. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, but no later than May 15th.
An incomplete on-line application or supplemental materials not received in the manner described in the instructions will not be reviewed and will result in an automatic rejection by the program.
This is a fall admit only program.
Note: Career Changer applicants are encouraged to apply before February 1, if, upon acceptance, they plan to begin classes during the summer of the application year.