What qualifications do I need to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate (PB-PMHPP) Program?
To be considered for the PB-PMHPP all applicants must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Have a minimum 2.75 Math/Science GPA, with no final D or F grades; no more than one repeat of a course in which D/F grades were earned
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the US
Students must submit the supplemental application, and required supporting materials in ONE packet.
The Fall 2016 application cycle will open on December 1, 2015. Please do not send application materials before this date.
Applications should be received by April 15, 2016. However, complete applications may be considered for review at the discretion of the PB-PMHPP based upon space availability in the program until July 1. Please note, while the application cycle may remain open, the PB-PMHPP cannot guarantee course availability for applicants who apply after April 15th. Students are HIGHLY encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Dual master's program applications will also be considered after April 15th at the discretion of those programs, although acceptance into the PB-PMHPP needs to occur prior to a master's application.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Note: Career Changer applicants are encouraged to apply before February 1st, if, upon acceptance, they would like to begin classes in the summer.
Graduate Student Retention Standards
Students who gain acceptance and matriculate into the PB-PMHPP must maintain the following standards to remain in the program:
- No grade lower than a "C" in any course; student may repeat course 1x to achieve passing grade
- Minimum overall GPA of at least a 3.00
- Minimum semester GPA of at least a 3.00; may fall below one semester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Minimum math/science and science GPA of least a 3.00; may fall below one semsester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Must be in good standing at the University and, if enrolled in a master's level degree program, within his/her respective degree program
***For students who enroll in the program for Fall 2016 and beyond, retention standards will be 3.25 for all GPA's listed.
Have additional questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.