What qualifications do I need to apply to the Post-Baccalaureate (PB-PMHPP) Program?
To be considered for the PB-PMHPP all applicants must:
- Hold an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale; relevant post-baccalaureate coursework will also be considered.
- Have a minimum 2.75 Math/Science GPA for all relevant math/science courses work taken
- Submit final transcripts that demonstrate no final D or F grades, with no more than one repeat of courses in which D or F grades were earned.
- Have demonstrated knowledge and experiences in areas of interest (eg, shadowing, volunteer, observations)
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- NOTE: Students are encouraged to NOT take the professional school admission test (eg, MCAT, DAT, OAT, or GRE) before applying to the PB-PMHPP
How Do I apply?
The on-line application will be available beginning December 1st for the Fall 2017 application cycle.
Applications received by April 15th will be given priority for review and consideration. Completed applications received after April 15th may be considered for review at the discretion of the PB-PMHPP based upon space availability in the program until June 1. A career changer certificate program applicant who has intentions to begin classes during the summer should apply to the PB-PMHPP no later than February 1.
Applicants interested in the combined PMHPP Certificate-Masters option must gain acceptance into the PB-PMHPP before the application materials can be considered for the desired master degree program. Certificate-Masters applicants should NOT apply for their intended masters program through the University on-line graduate application; the PMHPP will forward all application materials to your chosen program once acceptance into the PB-PMHPP is determined. Applicants applying to these programs are subject to the individual program standards, deadlines, and space availability.
The PB-PMHPP will not review an application until it is considered "complete" which means the on-line application AND all supportive documents have been received by the PB-PMHPP.
Please click on the links below for the application instructions and math/science GPA worksheet.
Incomplete applications or application materials that are not received according to the manner described in the instructions will NOT be reviewed and will result in an automatic rejection by the program.
Graduate Student Retention Standards
Students who gain acceptance and matriculate into the PB-PMHPP must maintain the following standards to remain in the program:
- No grade lower than a "C" in any course; student may repeat course 1x to achieve passing grade
- Minimum overall GPA of at least a 3.00
- Minimum semester GPA of at least a 3.00; may fall below one semester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Minimum math/science and science GPA of least a 3.00; may fall below one semsester, but may not in subsequent semesters
- Must be in good standing at the University and, if enrolled in a master's level degree program, within his/her respective degree program
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Requirements
To successfully complete the Certificate Program, a PB-PMHPP student must earn a minimum of 24 credits, as stipulated in the students' individual PB-PMHPP contracts and meet the academic standards delineated below. Failure to meet all of these requirements will result in a change of status and/or dismissal from the PMHPP.
- Achieve an overall final GPA of >3.25
- Achieve an overall science/math GPA and science of >3.0
- Meet all programmatic requirements as stipulated in individual Post-
Baccalaureate Certificate Program Contract
- Be in good standing with the University, school, department, and the PMHPP
Have additional questions? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.