PMHPP Linkage Programs: Gateways to an Early Start
Linkage programs allow an incoming freshman and continuing upperclassment to secure, through a competitive admission process, early acceptance into medical, veterinary or other professional programs. Duquesne currently has linkage programs with the following schools:
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) 4+4 Program - Freshman Admission Program
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM) - Early Assurance Program
Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM)
4+4 Linkage Program
- Interested incoming freshman applicants for this program declare their intent to apply to the 4+4 LECOM Linkage on their Duquesne application by February 1.
- Students also must apply to LECOM via their on-line portal at http://www.portal.lecom.edu.
- LECOM will contact the applicants they select to interview. Interviews will take place before in the spring/early summer before matriculation to Duquesne.
- LECOM will make provisional acceptance decisions after the interview process is complete.
- Students have their choice of campus: Erie, Greensburg or Bradenton, FL
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Minimum 1170 on SAT (critical reading + math) or ACT of 26
- High School GPA > 3.5, and
Note: Final decision for admission into this linkage program is at the sole discretion of LECOM.
Program Retention Criteria:
- 3.4 minimum cumulative Duquesne GPA
- 3.2 minimum Science GPA
- Have adequate health care experiences to demonstrate a commitment to serving others
- Highly recommended that all prerequisite science courses be taken at Duquesne University
In place of the MCAT beginning for Fall 2016 medical school matriculation, LECOM will use an Academic Index Score (AIS) that uses the student's ACT or the sum of the Critical Reading and Math scores from the SAT along with his/her undergraduate cumulative overall GPA as acceptance criteria.
Medical linkage students are required to take Genetics and Biochemistry in place of the MCAT, and maintain a minimum of 15 credits a semester.
Duquesne has a confirmed total of 5 seats per academic year.
*Admission requirements are subject to change at the discretion of Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, and are outside the control of the Pre-Medical and Health Professions Programs. Please note there may also be additional events hosted by LECOM that linkage students are required to attend during the undergraduate years. This is a competitive program, and an interview and/or acceptance cannot be guaranteed.
Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine (RUSVM)
Early Assurance Program
Interested students would apply to this program at the beginning of their junior year at Duquesne University.
Minimum Application requirements:
- Overall GPA of at least a 3.2
- Minimum 3.0 in all RUSVM pre-requisite courses
- No F, D or D- grade in any RUSVM pre-requisite course
- A score in the 25th percentile or better in each category of the GRE
- Other minimum admissions requirements required of all other RUSVM students as set forth in http://www.rossu.edu/veterinary-school/admissions/getstarted.cfm
**Effective Fall 2015, Duquesne University will be discontinuing its linkage agreement with the Temple University School of Medicine (TUSM).