What Will I Gain Through the PMHPP?
We Prepare You To Stand Out
What do medical and other health professional schools look for in candidates? While application requirements are unique to each institution, most seek students with the following qualifications: top academic performers with high overall science/math and science GPAs and high admissions test scores (MCAT, OAT, DAT, GRE); extensive and relevant research, experiential and volunteer activities; evidence of professional competency and behavior: and positive letters of recommendation.
We've designed the PMHPP to help you meet these high standards. You'll benefit from these value-added opportunities:
- Exceptional advisement, in cooperation with your major advisor
- Dedicated PMHPP professional preparation courses
- Basic clinical skills training and certifications
- Exposure to evidence-based and inter-professional practice medicine
- Observation and volunteer opportunities
- Instruction, guidance and assistance through the complex medical and health professional school application process
- PMHPP Endorsement Letter of Recommendation for those who qualify
NOTE: Undergraduate students applying to or enrolled in Duquesne's Pharmacy, Nursing, or Physician Assistant majors receive specialized advisement and preparation services through their respective programs. They are not eligible for the PMHPP unless they are planning to apply for medical or other health professional admission following their degree completion at Duquesne.