Bb Services is the course request system for Blackboard course and community sites. Each semester instructors will use Bb Services to submit requests for the courses they wish to have a Blackboard course site. This request process enables Blackboard course sites to reflect the activities and interactions of students and the instructor for a specific term.
At the Request form, instructors can request to have
- courses they teach with multiple sections combined into one course site;
- course materials from previous semesters migrated to new courses (no student data is migrated);
- request to have guest lecturers and Duquesne colleagues and teaching assistants, graders, and course builders added to their course sites.
To request course sites, instructors must
- Have an "active" status with Human Resources and thus able to log in to Blackboard using MultiPass credentials;
- Have a "faculty" designation in Banner;
- Have been officially assigned a course by the Department and Registrar (in Duquesne's portal-DORI-course assignments will be visible in the Faculty Menu > Class Schedule.
If any of the above conditions are not met, instructors should contact their Department Chairs.