The Educational Technology Center provides guidance and support to the academic community for its use of supported educational technology to facilitate and enhance teaching, learning and scholarship.
Some of the services Educational Technology provides the academic community are
- Professional development for faculty, graduate students, and staff on Blackboard, Collaborate, Starfish Connect's appointment scheduler, Camtasia, Snagit, and Smartboard and Smart Notebook through campus workshops, webinars, and self-guided tutorial options;
- Specialized professional development for programs, departments, and schools;
- Consultation with faculty for using educational technologies to supplement the classroom and online teaching;
- Consultation, planning, and research on emerging technologies;
- Instructional materials for course design, assessment strategies, and collaborative and active learning practices using educational technologies in teaching and learning;
- Troubleshooting Blackboard and supported educational technologies;
- Facilitation of the University's online instructor evaluation surveys and other academic survey needs;
- Facilitation of the Starfish Student Retention Solutions for early alert surveys and retention initiatives; and
- Consultation and support for campus-wide compliance training and initiatives.