Apply for a Position
Are you a skilled writer? Do you like helping other people learn to write? If so, consider joining the writing center staff. Hourly positions are available for undergraduate and graduate students.
Applicants are asked to submit a:
- academic, research-based writing sample
- completed application form
Please select the application form(s) for the position(s) for which you are applying:
- business writing consultant
- ESL writing consultant
- science writing consultant
- online writing consultant
- writing modules administrator (online)
If you have questions or would like additional information about applying to work at the Writing Center, please contact the Director, Dr. Jim Purdy, at 412-396-1293 or purdyj at duq.edu.
Completed application materials can be emailed to the Director or dropped off in the Writing Center, 216 College Hall.