Tips for Teachers
Incorporate multiple drafts into assignments
This discourages procrastination and helps prevent plagiarism.
Provide an assignment sheet
Outline your expectations for the assignment.
Spread the word
- Include a description on your syllabus.
- Mention the Writing Center in class.
- Distribute our bookmarks or brochures
- Schedule a classroom visit from the Writing Center.
Contact the Director, Dr. Jim Purdy, for materials to distribute or to schedule a visit.
Encourage but do not require students to visit
- We cannot guarantee that all students can get an appointment prior to a deadline.
- Students required to come are less willing to participate.