Writing and Research Resources
Numerous print handouts are available for your use. Handout topics include a wide variety of global and local writing issues, including writing center policies, global revision, grammar and punctuation, citation, and genre. See below. Requests to distribute print resources (e.g., to a class or program) should be sent to the Director. This allows us to keep track of which resources are being used.
We have a number of online writing and research resources, too.
- Active vs. Passive Voice
- Articles: A, An, and The
- Commas and Dashes
- Common Grammatical Errors
- Parallel Structure
- Plurals vs. Possessives
- Semicolons and Colons
- Verbs Commonly Used in Assignments
- APA: in-text and reference list (6th edition)
- Chicago notes and bibliography: in-text and bibliography: (16th edition)
- Chicago author-date: in-text and bibliography (16th edition)
- MLA: in-text and works cited (7th edition)
- Citation Style Comparison Table
- Evaluating Sources
- Integrating Sources
- Paraphrasing, Summarizing, and Quoting
- Using and Citing Sources
We endeavor to keep our citation handouts current with citation style updates, but sometimes it takes time for us to catch up. Please be patient. If you notice something out of date, please let us know.