Drivers, Barriers, & Enablers
Sustainable Supply Chain Management Integration
Over the past two decades, there has been an exponentially increasing amount of published research regarding sustainability in both practitioner and academic circles. Yet, many organizations are overwhelmed by this information and struggle to implement basic sustainability programs.
We turned to over 200 of the most pertinent articles taken from both journals and special publications to identify trends that:
- Explain the current state of sustainable supply management, and;
- Highlight positive steps that could be taken to ease this transition.
A summary of this work provides a framework illustrating the internal and external focus necessary to successfully achieve the significant benefits of sustainable supply management.
Realization of these benefits requires that internal sustainability champions:
- Identify and articulate the organization's drivers;
- Mitigate existing and potential barriers, and;
- Embrace the enablers for this process.
Please follow the appropriate link to explore the important attributes of supply chain management integration: