Executive in Residence for Sports Marketing
Palumbo Donahue School of Business
Pittsburgh, PA, 15282
Phone: 412.396.6242 Fax: 412.396.4764
Steven N. Greenberg is Executive in Residence for Sports Marketing at Duquesne University. He is also Associate Director of the Master of Science in Sports Leadership program. His background includes 25 years with the Pittsburgh Pirates, where he served in a variety of roles including VP of Marketing and VP of New Ballpark Development. In the latter role, he oversaw the design and construction of PNC Park. This major-league facility, which was completed on time and within construction budget, is recognized as the best ballpark in baseball.
- Riverhounds Soccer Team, Marketing Consultant (2007-2008)
- Kimball Sports, Business Development (2005-2010)
- Main Street Baseball, Ballpark Consultant (2005-2006) (2008- )
- Manchester Fisher Cats Eastern League AA Baseball, Sports Marketing Consultant (2004-2005)
- Pittsburgh Tram Project, Development Consultant (2004-2005)
- Northside Leadership, Development Consultant (2003-2005)
- Senior Olympics, Marketing Consulting (2003-2005)
- San Diego Padres, Ballpark Consultant (2003)
- AFNA Brand Identity, Marketing Consultant (2002-2008)
- CH Johnson Company, Development Consultant (2002-2007)
- Continental Real Estate, Development Consultant (2002-2004)
- Motordrom Speedway, Marketing Consultant (2002-2003)
- Pittsburgh Steelers Customer Service Consultant (2007-2008)
- Host "The Business of Sports" Pittsburgh Business Radio (2008-2010)
- GSP Consulting - Sports/Entertainment Consultant (2010-)
Pittsburgh Pirates Baseball Club:
- Development Consultant (2002)
- Vice President of New Ballpark Development and Communications (1997-2001)
- Vice President of Marketing and Operations (1991-1996)
- Vice President of Marketing (1987-1990)
- Asst. VP, Marketing (1983-1986)
- Director of Sales (1979-1982)
- Assistant Director of Sales (1976-1978)
Articles in Journals
Greenberg, S. N. (2006). Skating on Thin Ice. Pittsburgh Business Times.
Greenberg, S. (2006). Playing and Paying: The Business of Sports. Pittsburgh Sports Report.
Articles in Proceedings
Greenberg, S., Sroufe, R., & Taormina, A. (2010). Greening the Ballpark. Association of Marketing Theory and Practice.
Greenberg, S. N. & Guskey, A. (2007). Customer Service Presentation: Pittsburgh Steeler Football Club. Sport Marketing Association Annual Conference.
Greenberg, S. N. (2007). Strategies for Leadership in Sports. Sport Marketing Association Annual Conference.
Greenberg, S. & Guskey, A. (2007). A Fan-tastic Experience - Customer Excellence, Sport Marketing Association Annual Conference.
Greenberg, S. & Kelly, M. (2007). A Social Capital Analysis of MLB Alumni Associations. 2007 Cooperstown Symposium on Baseball and American Culture.
Greenberg, S. & Lanasa, J. (2011). NFL Programming 'The Setting of a Strategic Agenda' for growth and profitability: A Preliminary Investigation. American Marketing, Theory, and Practice Conference, Panama City, Florida.
Greenberg, S. (2010). Sports Marketing/Sports Facilities: Monthly Contributing Panelist. Real Score National Sports Business TV Show, Tampa, United States of America.
Greenberg, S. (2008). Creative Leadership. NACDA, Orlando, Florida.
Greenberg, S. (2008, July). Leadership Strategies. Pittsburgh Steeler Leadership Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Greenberg, S. N. (2007, November). Strategies for Leadership in Sports. Sport Marketing Association Annual Conference, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Greenberg, S. (2007, February). Developing better Leaders. National Stadium Managers Association, Key West, Florida.