Certificate in Financial Planning
Earn Your Certificate in 9 Months
The financial planning profession is experiencing tremendous growth and the CFP® mark is the best-known credential. Duquesne University's Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program is registered with Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards Inc. to fulfill the education requirements of the certification. The program is designed for professionals in the financial field as well as career changers.
Applications are being accepted for the April 2017 cohort now. Application deadline is March 24 or until the cohort is filled.
Earn the Credentials that Matter
Upon successful completion of Duquesne University's Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program, students will receive a certificate of completion from Duquesne University. Students who successfully complete the certificate program will be eligible to sit for the CFP® Certification Examination.
The world of finance and investing gets more complicated each year. Yet, on balance, stocks, bonds and mutual funds remain important to individuals seeking financial security. That's why investors need the help of a professional to protect their investments-and what they represent.
The Executive Certificate in Financial Planning is a sequential six-course certificate program offered in Pittsburgh at Duquesne University.
Classes are held Friday evenings from 5:00 p.m. to 8:35 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. every other weekend. While every effort is made to ensure that classes meet every other weekend, holidays and local events may sometimes alter the schedule.
Students can expect to complete the program in 9 months.
An outstanding faculty presents the material in a manner that is clear and concise. The curriculum focuses on the:
- technical aspects
- practical application
- and ethics and professionalism of financial planning.
The Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program is approved by the following:
- The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Insurance Department to award continuing education insurance credits in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the Continuing Education Program
- the Pennsylvania State Board of Accountancy to award continuing education credits for CPAs (Certified Public Accounts)
- GI Bill or VA education benefits and for CareerLink funding; please contact your VA or CareerLink office for more information about this opportunity
* Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. owns the marks CFP®, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM, and CFP (with flame logo)®, which it awards to individuals who successfully complete initial and ongoing certification requirements.