Welcome to Duquesne University and the Donahue Graduate School of Business. Our MBA Sustainability program attracts interest from highly qualified students from around the world.
Admission to our MBA Sustainability program is very selective, and both U.S. and international applicants are expected to demonstrate their potential to perform well in a demanding 12-month curriculum.
The information below will guide you, step by step, through the process of applying to Duquesne's 12-month MBA Sustainability program.
If you are a US citizen living overseas, or hold a Green Card or refugee status, you will be considered as a domestic applicant. As an international student, if you are accepted, you will be required to obtain a visa to study in the US.
DUQUESNE'S OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS
While the decision to admit you as an MBA Sustainability student is made by the Donahue Graduate School of Business, the Office of International Programs helps to ensure that your application and all supporting materials are valid and complete.
US Student APPLICATION DEADLINES
We are accepting applications for Fall 2015. While all applicants are considered for merit scholarships and fellowships, early applications are advisable for those interested in maximizing their opportunities for financial aid.
Complete application by December 1 for admission and merit award decisions by January 15
Complete application by March 1 for admission and merit award decisions by April 15
Rolling admissions after March 1
A complete MBA Sustainability admissions file will contain the following:
International Student's Admissions Checklist:
- Online application: complete and submit the form here.
- GMAT Scores (required for all applicants) - Have your official score report sent from Pearson VUE directly to Duquesne University. (MBA-Sustainability Program -- Code 3R6-7B-32)
- TOEFL Scores (required for non-native English speaking applicants) - Have an official score report sent from Educational Testing Service (ETS). (Duquesne University -- Institution Code 2196-02)
- Official Transcripts - Official (paper) transcripts for all undergraduate coursework and degrees as well as any graduate coursework/degrees are required. Photocopies are not acceptable. Have official transcripts mailed to the address at the bottom of the page.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae - Upload as a Word or PDF file attachment in our "Manage Your On-line Application" system or email to sustainableMBA@duq.edu. Include your last name in the document title (e.g., "Smith.Resume.doc").
- Two Letters of Recommendation - You will be asked to provide names and contact information for two professional references (former employers or professors) who can comment on your qualifications for graduate study. These individuals will be emailed a link and password to complete an on-line recommendation form. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their references post and submit recommendations by the application deadline.
- Mandatory International Student form
- Affidavit of Support Form and an official bank statement. The U.S. government requires that incoming students from outside the United States have sufficient funds for their studies. To accelerate your application process, we highly recommend that you send these documents with your application. The affidavit of support form is a legal document that a student's sponsor must complete and have notarized and certified. The bank statement must be from the sponsor and show at least one full year of costs.
- Personal Essays - Answer these three questions/prompts in the on-line system. Limit your responses to 250 words for each question.
- Why are you interested in pursuing an MBA emphasizing sustainability?
- How has your background prepared you for the challenges of graduate business study and next generation leadership?
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a significant challenge. Describe the situation, the process for resolving it, any action you took and the outcome.
MAILING ADDRESS FOR TRANSCRIPTS AND PAPER MATERIALS
|MBA Sustainability Admissions
John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business
704 Rockwell Hall
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
|Questions or Problems:
No additional forms are required to be considered for scholarship and fellowship awards. All applicants will be considered for these merit awards.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO SUPPORT YOUR APPLICATION
AAdmission decisions will reflect full consideration of each applicant's record of academic success, work or internship experience, leadership potential, standardized test scores, and interest in sustainable business practices. All applicants will be evaluated based on the strength of the overall application. Applicants can support their application in the following ways:
- schedule a campus visit
- arrange personal or phone interviews with admissions committee
- meet with current students and professors
MBA Sustainability Class of 2015-16
|Pre-MBA on-line modules (all new students)||June - July 2015|
|Pre-MBA fundamentals, if required||Early August 2015|
|Program Orientation||August 17-21, 2015|
|Start of Classes||August 24, 2015|
|Graduation||July 29, 2016|