The Accounting Mentoring Program is designed to enhance accounting students’ understanding of the expectations of graduates of the School of Business as they prepare for employment and/or graduate studies. The students will have the opportunity to interact with experienced accounting professionals serving on the School’s Accounting Advisory Board as well as other professinals. The program is also designed to provide the graduate with the opportunity to remain active in the Accounting Mentoring Program after graduation.
Benefits to a Participating Student:
- Expand student's network of accounting professionals
- Expose student to professionals from other disciplines, marketing, operational, public relations, strategic planning, etc.
- Opportunity to better understand the expectations and requirements of employers
- Become acquainted with the realities of professional employment
- Provide the student with a source of information, professional guidance and options as to career decisions
- Expand student awareness of professional certification programs and life long professional development programs
Responsibilities of a Participating Student:
- Attend all scheduled mentoring sessions and meetings
- Actively participate in meetings with mentor(s)
- Give serious consideration to any advice given by the mentor(s)
- Dress appropriately when meeting in a business environment
- Provide feedback on the mentoring process and meetings
If you would like to participate in the Student Mentoring Program, please complete the brief application section below. Professor Williams will provide your information directly to our Accounting Advisory Board mentoring team, and you will contacted directly for the kick off meeting at the beginning of February. The deadline for applications is January 31st, 2013.