M.S. Higher Education Administration
Gain the skills and credentials to advance your career in higher education...
This 30-credit, online degree is designed so that students can tailor the program for their professional goals or to prepare for doctoral study, if desired. The curriculum, taught by experienced faculty, will be beneficial to professionals in all areas of a university, including:
- Enrollment management
- Management and business
- Marketing and communication
- Educational technology
- Facilities management and more
Students will gain the knowledge, skills, and experience to contribute effectively in a higher education position, to advance professionally, and to become leaders in their respective fields of expertise. The program has an applied focus, which includes two practicum experiences, a mentoring experience, and a final capstone project based upon each student's area of professional interest.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Identify solutions to key issues and trends in higher education, including those in the regulatory, legal, business, and financial environments
- Effectively advocate for the value and contribution that higher education makes to the public
- Understand the developmental patterns and needs of an increasingly diverse student population, from recruitment to alumni relations
- Identify the key operational areas of a modern university or college and analyze how these areas work together
- Use appropriate and relevant data to effectively make informed decisions
Flexible, Efficient, and Cost-Effective Study
With the flexibility of online course work and offerings of 2 accelerated terms each fall, spring, and summer semester, you can have your degree in two years. This program is offered at an adjusted tuition rate for the 2018-2019 academic year.