An advanced certificate approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
The ESL Program Specialist Certificate:
- For teachers who hold an Instructional I certification and would like to become a certified ESL teacher in K-12 public schools.
- Consists of a state-approved 16 credit-hour graduate-level curriculum
- Offers a sequence of 5 ESL courses with a 1-credit 60-hour practicum
- May be completed in 3 semesters: 2 courses in the Fall, 2 in the Spring, and 1 in the Summer
- Admits students on a rolling basis in Spring, Summer, and Fall Semesters
- Students who are pursuing the Pennsylvania ESL Specialist Certificate can complete the M.S. Ed. by taking 5 additional courses!