MSED Instructional Technology
The Masters of Science in Education in Instructional Technology involves a minimum of 30 semester hours for the degree and will provide participants with the necessary knowledge and hands-on experience to effectively integrate technology into their classroom and instruction. The degree program provides a true value-added opportunity for all educators. Specifically, the degree will:
- Prepare you to seek a position as a technology coach or director for a school, school district, or training-based company.
- Provide you with the credentials to support faculty in higher education as they build online courses.
- Help you acquire the skills to teach online.
- Expand the range of teaching and learning strategies to better prepare PK-12 or adult students for the 21st century.
Benefits of the Program
- Customized program of studies that is based on your past courses.
- Leads to the Pennsylvania Department of Education's (PDE) Instructional Technology Specialists Certificate.
- Provides you the credentials to assist classroom teachers to integrate technology into their curriculum.
- Helps you to become a technology coach.
- Accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- Recognized by the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
- We are aligning our prgram with the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE).
25% Financial Award on Tuition
- For those students enrolling in the instructional Program, a 25% financial award is being offered. Please visit the Graduate Admissions website for additional information.
Who Should Apply?
You should consider the Masters in Instructional Technology if you are a:
- PK-12 Educator, faculty, administrators, or staff who wants to understand how technology can become a tool for classroom teaching.
- Technology Coordinator who wants to learn the vocabulary of classroom teachers to assist them in the application of technology to better serve the student.
- Corporate Business Trainer who wants to implement sound teaching strategies in their various training programs.
- Higher Education Faculty who must understand the use of technology for teaching so they can share that understanding with their own students.
- Apply now! International students apply here.
Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) - Basic Skills Testing Update
Program Exit Criteria
- Receive a passing score on the PAPA exam, if required
- Maintain a 3.00 GPA
- Obtain 75 field experience hours approved by Program faculty
- Complete a portfolio based on the PDE Competencies
- Complete a Reflection of Professional Practice
- Satisfactory completion of core courses
- The following courses must appear on transcripts (Undergraduate or Graduate level):
- 6 credits of English Composition
- 6 credits of college level Math
- 9 credits of Special Education Courses
- 3 credits of ESL courses