Duquesne University Graduate Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award
The Leading Teacher Program Excellence Award is given to a graduate student whose performance demonstrates excellence in one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program: Leadership, Diversity, and Technology, and is framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Leadership: A leading teacher is a life-long learner inspiring a community of learners to pursue continuous improvement and growth, who will serve as a practitioner guided by an ethical and moral framework.
Diversity: A leading teacher is an advocate, creating learning experiences that demonstrate sensitivity, acknowledging students of all abilities and valuing human differences.
Technology: A leading teacher is an architect building learning environments that acknowledge and incorporate the power of technology.
Criteria for Eligibility: Master's Level Award
- Graduate student in the LTP
- Successfully completed student teaching within the current academic year
- Minimum 3.5 quality point average
- Current resumé
- Essay and artifacts
- Two letters of recommendation (one from LTP faculty member, one from Student Teaching Cooperating Teacher or University Supervisor)
Instructions for Essay:
Describe how your accomplishments in coursework, field experiences, student teaching, extracurricular activities and community involvement relate to and exemplify one of the three Themes of the Leading Teacher Program and the Spiritan Tradition of Caring at Duquesne University. Provide specific descriptions and evidence of distinguished performance framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring in at least one LTP Theme area (e.g., artifacts demonstrating impact on student learning, impact on university, P-12 schools, or community-based efforts)
Application Materials Due: March 19
Award: Engraved Plaque
- University Awards Ceremony
- School of Education Diploma Ceremony
- Announcement on the School of Education Website
- Post on School of Education Facebook Page
Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee