Graduate Program Alumni Excellence Award
The Alumni Excellence Award is given to an Alumnus or Alumna whose performance demonstrates excellence in one of the goals of the School of Education:
• Preparing educational leaders;
• Conducting scholarship for schools; and
• Providing practice that is guided by the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Criteria for Eligibility:
1. Alumnus or Alumna of a Duquesne University School of Education graduate program in Counseling (Master's and Doctoral), School Psychology (Psy.D. & Ph.D.), Educational Studies (Master's), Program Evaluation (Master's), Administration & Supervision (Master's), ProDEL (Doctoral), IDPEL (Doctoral), Reading Specialist, Instructional Technology (Master's & Doctoral)
2. Five years of continuous experience after degree was conferred
Graduates of the Leading Teacher Program are referred to the LTP Alumni Excellence
1. Current CV/resume
2. Essay and artifacts (see instructions below)
3. Two Letters of recommendation from any combination of the following:
4. Proof of graduation from Duquesne University
Instructions for Essay:
Describe how your accomplishments in your field relate to and exemplify one of the goals of the School of Education: preparing educational leaders, conducting scholarship for schools, and providing practice that is guided by the Spiritan Tradition of Caring.
Provide specific descriptions, evidence and artifacts of distinguished performance framed in the Spiritan Tradition of Caring in at least one goal area. Link all evidence to the goals of the School of Education. Finally, describe what your legacy will be in your field.
Application Materials Due: April 14, 2017
Award: Engraved Plaque with certificate
- School of Education Diploma Ceremony
- Announcement in DU Alumni Newsletter (Bulletin From Our Bluff)
- Post on DU Alumni FB Page
- Announcement on SOE website
- Possible SoE Alumni Profile on Website
*** Incomplete applications will not be considered by the committee.