Graduate, Post-Baccalaureate and Second-Degree Application Instructions
Health Management Systems - July 1, Fall-only start
Occupational Therapy - June 1 (Applications are closed through spring 2018. Please check back in 2018 for information about 2019 availability), Spring-only start
Physical Therapy - March 2, Fall-only start
Speech-Language Pathology - February 1, Fall-only start
Due to capacity constraints we only consider first-time freshman to the Physician Assistant Studies program. We are not accepting transfer or second-degree applications at this time.
Health Management Systems:
In order to apply for admission, the following items must be submitted:
- An application for admission.
- Official transcripts of all previous college work.
- Three letters of recommendation. There is no form for recommendation letters, and they can be from any three sources.
- Non-native English speakers will need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- An Essay:
- All applicants must submit a typed, double-spaced essay. Competitive essays demonstrate an awareness of the field and are usually a maximum of three pages in length. Write about this topic: What are your career goals and how would the program to which you are applying assist you in achieving those goals?
Mailing address for applications
302 Health Sciences Building
600 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Occupational Therapy (MSOT), Physical Therapy (DPT) and Speech-Language Pathology (MSSLP):
Applications to the Physical Therapy and Speech-Language Pathology graduate programs must be submitted on-line through a centralized application service.
For information about applying to the Occupational Therapy Program. (Applications are closed through spring 2018. Please check back in 2018 for information about 2019 availability)
For information about applying to the Physical Therapy program.
For information about applying to the Speech-Language Pathology program.
All RSHS students will be expected to perform certain physical, mental, and emotional tasks in order to complete graduation and professional requirements as measured by state and national certification, licensure and registration processes. Information about these performance indicators can be found here. This information is also available to students in the RSHS Academic Student Handbook.
Additional Program Requirements
- Health Management Systems - 2.75 GPA
- Occupational Therapy - 3.0 GPA. You must be CPR certified, and a minimum of 120 documented volunteer hours, 60 in a community setting providing services and 60 of volunteer OR paid experience in Occupational Therapy. Feel free to use our Experience Summary form. Pre-requisite courses must be completed prior to enrollment.
- Physical Therapy - 3.0 GPA. A minimum of 100 documented paid or volunteer hours at two separate physical therapy sites at the time of application. Feel free to use our Experience Summary form. Pre-requisite courses must be completed prior to enrollment.
- Speech-Language Pathology - 3.0 GPA. Pre-requisite courses must be completed prior to enrollment.
- Non-native English speakers will need to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score. A minimum of 90 TOEFL or 6.5 IELTS is recommended for admission and is required by some departments.
Only classes with a "C" grade or higher may be considered for transfer.
If you have any questions about the application process for second-degree students, please contact Chris Hilf in the Office of the Dean 412.396.5653.