Terminal Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
Instructions for Internal Transfer Students Applying
For a Terminal Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences Degree
In order for you to be considered for a Terminal Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) degree in the John G. Rangos, Sr. School of Health Sciences (RSHS), you are required to submit the following application materials:
Please complete and submit the Internal Transfer application.
Applicant MUST submit a typed, double-spaced, self-evaluation essay including (a) why you intend to leave your current major, (b) general work experience and any other experiences you wish to share; (c) honors you have received; (d) long-term professional goals. Applicant may also include a resume or curriculum vita.
Please attach your essay to the application, or return your essay to:
302 Health Sciences Building
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
Or submit them to Chris via email.
You should discuss your intention to transfer with your current academic advisor. You must also submit any courses planned that do not appear on your transcript (for example, a planned fall course at another school). If your schedule changes after you submit your application you must contact Chris Hilf in the Office of the Dean immediately.
Only courses with a ‘C' or better will transfer. The University honors +/- grades, with the exception of C-,' which is unacceptable.
On a rolling basis.
*Admission is on a case-by-case basis and is extremely limited.
If you are accepted into the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences program in the John G. Rangos, Sr. School of Health Sciences (RSHS) you must meet with Mrs. Deborah Durica, Director of Student and Alumni Services, to discuss and complete the Terminal Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) Degree Contract. This contract will clearly delineate the requirements for the degree, which are:
- complete and earn a ‘C' or better in the agreed-upon courses; any changes in the plan require Dean's approval;
- successfully complete the required Core courses and Theme Area courses , with a ‘C' or better;
- successfully complete a minimum of 3 writing-intensive courses;
- successfully complete, with a ‘C' or better, 16 credits of science courses;
- successfully complete two Rangos School of Health Sciences required courses;
- successfully complete a minimum of 120 credits;
- remain in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA each semester) for the entire length of program
- have an overall minimum cumulative QPA of 2.0 or higher in order to be eligible to receive a terminal Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree.
The RSHS will make arrangements for you to be in Special Status. While in Special Status, you will be charged the standard University tuition and fees and not the RSHS tuition and fees.