Be recognized as the premier educator of entry level physical therapists who are outstanding clinicians guided by evidence based practice that exemplify our core values of compassion, ethics and professionalism.
- The basic science portion of our curriculum serves as the scientific undergirding of our educational program. These basic science courses provide our students with a strong foundation for clinical practice.
- The clinical practice component of the curriculum prepares our students to be generalist practitioners who have exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills necessary for autonomous practice.
- The research aspect of the program prepares students to be evidence-based practitioners. The curriculum includes courses on research principles and application, followed by clinical courses that emphasize evidence-based practice. Our students are prepared to be consumers of research, obtaining and critically evaluating pertinent literature and applying contemporary evidence to patient/client management. The scholarship of the faculty both advances the profession of physical therapy and supports the educational preparation of our students.
- Professionalism is an important component of our program and the practice of physical therapy. The curriculum includes courses that prepare students in psychological, social, cultural, and communication issues relevant to health care. Our students learn and practice principles of professional behavior in the academic setting and refine these behaviors during clinical education experiences.
- To educate competent physical therapists who are grounded in the basic and clinical sciences, able to critically evaluate and apply the best scientific evidence, and possess the adaptability and interpersonal skills necessary for autonomous practice.
- To educate ethical physical therapists who are compassionate, culturally competent, and socially responsible reflective practitioners.
- To educate professional physical therapists who are critical thinkers, life-long learners, healthcare educators, decision makers capable of patient/client management, critical consumers of pertinent literature, and leaders in the profession.
- To foster an academic community of faculty who are committed to clinical excellence, innovative and sound teaching, scholarship, professional development, and service to the community and profession.