Master of Health Management Systems
The Master of Health Management Systems degree program is a 36 credit program which can be taken on a part-time or full-time basis. Most courses are offered in the evening to accommodate working professionals. The Master of Health Management Systems (MHMS) program features:
- Flexible and customized electives
- Evening course availability
- State-of-the-art multimedia laboratories
- Professional partnerships in the local health care market
- An exceptional faculty
At Duquesne University's Department of Health Management Systems, we work with you to help you meet your goals.
30 Core Credits
- Healthcare Delivery & Organization
- Intro to Healthcare Finance
- Health Care Ethics
- Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement
- Health Information Management Policy
- Medical Informatics
- Evidence-Based Decision Making
- Systems Analysis
- Database Management and Controls
6 Elective Credits
- Data Distribution Systems
- Managed Care
- Graduate Internship
- Legal Issues in Healthcare
- Outcome Management
- Long-Term Care Administration
- Study Abroad
- Risk Management
Master of Health Management Systems / Master of Business Administration
Students interested in pursuing the joint MHMS/MBA program must be granted admission separately into the MBA program by the John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business . If accepted, students will work with the Department of Health Management Systems and the John F. Donahue Graduate School of Business to complete the appropriate MHMS/MBA course work. The MHMS portion of the required coursework includes a minimum of 30 MHMS credits. The six remaining credits will be accepted / waived due to business courses completed.
Please be advised that dual degrees must be confirmed at the same time.
The School of Business can be reached at 412.396.5529.