Earn a Law Degree with a Commitment to the Highest Ethical Standards
As a student of the Duquesne University School of Law, you will be trained to a high degree of professional skill with a special Catholic sensitivity to ethical and moral concerns. Graduates of our school know the law in a comprehensive fashion and in a range of specialized areas such as corporate law, tax, litigation, environmental law, energy law, health law, intellectual property, international law and the law of electronic commerce.
But what truly sets a Duquesne lawyer apart is a deep understanding of the difference between what the law allows us to do and what is the ethical course of action that best serves our system of justice. In an era when ethical concerns are among the most important questions facing the legal profession, we train our graduates to make contributions to society on a grand scale. Duquesne University’s School of Law has, for more than a century, reflected the University’s unique emphasis on justice and service to others.
Ranked Among the Best
As a testament to the quality of our academic programs, the Duquesne University School of Law has earned important accolades:
- Ranked #11 in the nation for Legal Research and Writing, according to the U.S. News & World Report's America’s Best Graduate Schools 2014.
- Ranked 22nd in the nation for bar exam preparation
- Ranked 49th in the nation for part-time program
- Recognized for its nationally award-winning trial and moot court teams
- Six professors have received the AV Preeminent rating, the highest professional rating attainable in the legal profession
Flexibility that Works for Your Unique Situation
Individuals are inspired to achieve success by earning a law degree and making positive contributions to the U.S. legal and justice system. Understanding this, we provide our students with the convenience of full-time day, part-time day and evening programs. You are certain to find an option that fits.
Our programs include:
Juris Doctor Degree
- Juris Doctor Degree, with day, evening and part-time day available
Dual Degree Programs
- JD/Master of Business Administration
- JD/Master of Divinity
- JD/Master of Health Care Ethics
- JD/Master of Science In Environmental Science & Management
Accelerated 3/3 Law
Students in liberal arts or business may be eligible to participate in the accelerated 3/3 program, which allows them to earn a bachelor's degree (BSBA or BA) and a JD degree in six years.