Joint JD/Master of Science In Environmental Science Management
School of Law/Bayer School of Natural and Environmental Sciences
A student may earn both the Juris Doctor and a Master of Science in Environmental Science and Management in four years rather than the usual five in the Day Division. Part-Time Day and Evening students may also benefit from these programs.
Candidates may begin their study in either the School of Natural and Environmental Sciences or in the School of Law.
- The first year of study in the School of Law is taken solely in the School of Law.
- The remainder of the programs may be taken jointly in both schools.
- Candidates must begin their study in the School of Law prior to substantially completing the requirements for the master’s degree.
Specific course requirements and limitations may be obtained from the Law School Admissions Office.
- 15 credit hours of course work permitted per semester including courses from both disciplines
- 3 credit hours may be permitted for a Law School clinical course
- Students are required to provide the Law School Registrar with a copy of their graduate elective course schedule
Candidates for this program apply to each school independently and, upon admission, are expected to consult with the Program Director in each school to plan their perspective programs.