Admitted Students Website
Congratulations on your admission to Duquesne University School of Law! As the season progresses, information pertinent to admitted students will be added to this page including outside scholarship notices, and 1L reading assignments. Check back often to see if something new has been posted!
- Please note that freshman move-in day for the University is Tuesday the 19th. If you are planning to visit campus on the 19th, please keep in consideration as this will affect traffic and parking that day.
- The South Side Shuttle begins running on the first day of classes, Monday, August 25th
- Conflicts and Disclosure: If you have a spouse, significant other, or roommate who has attended Duquesne Law within the past six (6) years, please notify Assistant Dean Ella Kwisnek at email@example.com by Monday, August 18, and give her the person's name at the time of his or her attendance at Duquesne. We audit the section assignments in order to avoid the appearance of any unfair advantage or impropriety.
- Diverse Student Luncheon - August 19th from 12:00 - 2:00 pm
If you would like to attend the diverse student luncheon on August 19th, please email Assistant Dean Ella Kwisnek at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 18 to RSVP. The luncheon will include diverse alumni and current students as well as short discussions regarding networking, financial aid, and study skills.
- Microsoft Office: Students are now entitled to download/install the latest version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) – there is no need to purchase this! Instructions can be found at: http://www.duq.edu/about/campus/computers-and-technology/downloads
Submit your $500 non-refundable seat deposit here
Download the Matriculation Guide now! This Guide contains important information about your enrollment and the Law School. The Matriculation Guide was emailed to you on 7/7/14.
View the Orientation Schedule as of 7/25/14. An earlier version was emailed to all admits on 7/2/14. Please note that Orientation officially begins on Wednesday, August 20th and your attendance is mandatory. Evening students are welcome to attend events during the day, but due to work schedules, we have organized a separate set of events for evening students. See notations for evening students on the schedule.
|Submit final undergraduate transcript||Office of Admissions|
|Submit final undergraduate transcript||LSAC|
|Submit passport sized photo||Office of Admissions|
|Apply for Financial Aid (loans)||Office of Financial Aid|
|Secure housing (on or off-campus)||City of Pittsburgh|
|Set up your MultiPass|
|Set up your Duquesne email account|
|Purchase your textbooks|
Book List for Fall 2014
View the book list for LRW reading assignments. Required texts for your other 1L classes have been posted to DORI.
Class Schedule and Advance Assignments
Your class schedule was released on July 24th along with your required texts for each class. Please login to DORI to access your schedule. Also note that you should begin checking your duq.edu email account weekly at this time; instructors have already begun contacting you by your duq.edu email. Students cannot choose or change the section to which they are assigned.
Advance Assignments Overview by Section
Civ Pro Day - Baicker-McKee, Section 2
Civ Pro Evening - Cafardi (Text 1, Text 2, Text 3)
Legal Writing - All Sections (Neumann Text, Sloan Text) Will be sent by email
Financial Aid Info
Loans - to apply for federal unsubsidized Stafford ($20,500) or GradPLUS loans (up to the cost of attendance), you must fill out the FAFSA online and enter Duquesne University's school code 003258 to have the results sent to us. You do not need to fill out a financial aid application with Duquesne University because the Office of Admissions has already sent the Financial Aid Office your admissions information. Once the Financial Aid Office receives your FAFSA results, they can begin working on your financial aid package. Priority deadline: May 31
Scholarships - merit scholarship notifications go out by email within 3 weeks after admission. All admitted students are considered; there is no application process.
Loan Disbursements and Refunds
Financial aid disbursements will be available after the add/drop period in September, typically the week after Labor Day. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid for questions. Need to purchase your textbooks from the University Bookstore before you receive your loan disbursement? Apply with Student Accounts for a book voucher.
If you need to defer your undergraduate or other graduate student loans while you are in law school, consult with Student Accounts for the proper paperwork.
|August 20-22||1L Orientation (Mandatory)|
|August 25||Start of Fall Classes for All Students|
|September 1||Labor Day (No Classes)|
|November 26-30||Thanksgiving Break (No Classes)|
|December 1||Classes Resume|
|December 4||Last Day of Classes for All Students|
|December 9-22||Exam Period|
|January 7||Spring Classes Resume|