Law Alumni Association
(1) to serve Duquesne University Law School alumni by providing opportunities for social and professional interaction; and
(2) to be a representative association for Duquesne law alumni, serving alumni, law students and the Law School, by providing opportunities for the involvement of alumni in the needs, activities and affairs of the Law School.
- To provide opportunities for social and professional interaction among Alumni.
- To be the national representative of the Alumni of the Law School.
- To promote the involvement of law alumni in the affairs and activities of the Law School.
- To foster communication between the Law School and law alumni.
- To encourage Alumni to contribute to the overall financial needs of the Law School.
- To assist law students and recent graduates in the transition from the Law School to the practice of law including such assistance as may be praticable in securing gainful employment in legal or related professions.
Members receive invitiations, at discounted rates or free, to:
- CLE programs
- Networking events
- Exclusive, Member only events
- Annual Reunion Dinner tickets
- Priority seating offers on cultural and sporting events
- Leadership opportunities with the DLAA and Law School
The DLAA has helped to establish the following endowed funds:
- Duquesne Law Alumni Endowed Scholarship - income from this endowed fund provides scholarship support to students who have demonstrated financial needs and academic merit (GPA of 3.0 or higher). The Scholarship is given to both day and evening students.
- Excellence in Legal Writing Endowed Fund - the income from this fund is used to provide monetary awards to one student in each section of the first-year legal writing class selected by the program's faculty as having submitted the "Best Brief."
- Duquesne Law Alumni Endowed Bar Prep Fund - funds generated annually will be used to support an adjunct faculty position to assist with bar preparation courses and materials.
- Duquesne Law Alumni Endowed Career Services Fund - funds generated annually will be used to support the Career Services Office with programming to assist students and young alumni with their employment goals.
Annual Dues are calculated by fiscal year, July 1 - June 30.
Class of 2012 & 2013 are complimentary members.