Criminal Defense Program
The Criminal Defense Program offers live-client criminal defense experience. Students in this program have the opportunity to assist in the representation of criminal defendants in active cases being handled by the Office of Conflict Counsel.
Typical assignments include client interviews, jail visits, case planning, preparation of pleadings, and representation of clients at preliminary hearings.
- Yearlong Pass /Fail Course
- Credits: 6 Credits (3 classroom credits, 3 non-classroom credits)
- Prerequisite: Evidence
- Enrollment: 8 Students
- Clinic Hours to Be Completed: 280 Hours (minimum of 10 hours per week)
- Class Meeting Time: Wednesday 4:00 p.m. - 5:40 p.m.
- Class Location: 110 Tribone Center for Clinical Legal Education
Students are interviewed by the supervising attorney for admission to the program.
Richard Narvin, Esq.
Learn more about externships at Duquesne University School of Law.