Criminal Prosecution Program
The Criminal Prosecution Program provides students with an on-site externship at the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and classroom instruction in criminal law. The weekly classroom seminar covers all facets of criminal law from a suspect's arrest through the trial and post-trial stages. Students rotate through the DA's office in accordance with the topics being covered in the classroom.
- Yearlong Pass/Fail Course
- Credits: 6 Credits (3 classroom credits, 3 non-classroom credits)
- Prerequisite: Evidence
- Enrollment: 8 Students
- Clinic Hours to Be Completed: 280 Hours (Minimum of 10 Hours per Week)
- Class Meeting Time: Thursday, 4 p.m. - 5:40 p.m.
- Class Location: Tribone Center for Clinical Legal Education, Room 110
Students are interviewed by the supervising attorneys for admission to the program.
Jennifer DiGiovanni, Esq.
David L. Spurgeon, Esq.
Learn more about externships at Duquesne University School of Law.