District Attorneys Panel Discussion
Please join us for panel discussion about the public service role of the modern-day prosecutor. The event celebrates the rich history of the Pennsylvania District Attorneys Association, now in its 100th year, and looks look at the duties of current prosecutors. Topics may include specialty courts, mandatory sentences, alternative sentencing, juvenile offenders, victims' interests, conviction integrity, DAs in the policy-making process, prosecutions and the media or other issues.
Hon. J. Michael Eakin of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court will serve as moderator. Seven district attorneys will serve as panelists:
- Hon. Risa Vetri Ferman, Montgomery County District Attorney
- Hon. Richard A. Goldinger, Butler County District Attorney
- Hon. Edward M. Marsico, Jr., Dauphin County District Attorney
- Hon. Francis J. Schultz, Crawford County District Attorney
- Hon. Eugene A. Vittone, Washington County District Attorney
- Hon. Shawn C. Wagner, Adams County District Attorney and President, Pa. District Attorneys Association
- Hon. Stephen A. Zappala, Jr., Allegheny County District Attorney
The event is co-sponsored by the Allegheny County Bar Association Criminal Litigation Section.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Program: 4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Reception: 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Duquesne University Power Center
Program: Ballroom, 5th Floor
Reception: Shepperson Suite, 5th Floor
Continuing Legal Education:
This course has been approved by the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board for one (1) hour of substantive law, practice and procedure CLE credit.
No charge for the panel discussion or reception, but registration is required.
Tweet your questions for the panel to @duquesnelaw.