Updated March 19th, 2014
The School of Law provides a number of laser printers for student use that are connected to computers on the floor of the Law Library and the Computer Lab in Room 118. When a print job is sent to the printer from one of the computers in the Library, there is a prompt (pop-up) for MultiPass username/password, as well as an acknowledgment to confirm print. Print jobs are then held in queue to be released at one of the nearest Print Release Stations (see below).
Note: See instructions on accessing from or saving to an inserted flash drive on the Thin Client computers.
Students are currently allocated unlimited pages free of charge, although printing is currently tracked. A print quota will be established for the Fall 2014 semester.
Print Release Stations
Students can release their queued print jobs by swiping their student ID card or entering in MultiPass credentials. From there a list of pending print jobs can be selected to print to a nearby printer. Print Release Stations (and accompanying printers) are located as follows:
- Two on the 2nd Floor of the Law Library
- Two in Room 117 of the Law Library
- Room 103 of the Tribone Center for Legal Clinical Education
Note: There currently is no quota set, jobs will show up as $0.00. Unprinted jobs will remain in the print queue for up to 12 hours.
Student can install the print queue directly on their personal laptops.
- Download the software for your Mac or Windows Computer (note that Windows 8 RT and Mac OS 10.5 and older are not supported)
- Install the software, following all the default prompts.
- Install Notes:
- Windows: The installer can take a several minutes to install. Click Finish when complete. If you get an error message during install, restart and try it again,
- Mac: After opening the .dmg file, double click the installer called "popup.pkg" and follow all the default prompts to complete the installation.
- The Print queue named "Law Pharos Secured Queue" will appear in your list of installed printers.
- It is not required, but recommended that you restart your computer.
- When printing to this queue, there will be a prompt for MultiPass username/password and a confirmation pop up prompt. Allow a few seconds for these pop-ups (particularly the confirmation) to appear.
- Print Jobs are then held in queue to be released at one of the nearest Print Release Stations (see above).
LexisNexis has provided their own laser printers and web-printing service to be used when printing from their website. These printers are also located in Room 117 of the Law Library,
West Law Printing
In summer of 2013, West Law discontinued their web-printing service at all law schools.