Duquesne University continues to implement wireless services across several areas of the University campus to promote the ease of mobile computing. This service allows all of the University community to gain entry to the campus-wide network from wireless-enabled computers where coverage is available.
The DuqNet wireless network implements WPA2-Enterprise security and therefore some computers will not be able to connect to DuqNet without a hardware or software upgrade. If your laptop is less that two years old, you should be able to configure it for DuqNet. Sometimes it is only necessary to download and install the newest driver for your wireless network card. Some older wireless network cards do not support WPA2 security and you will have to purchase a new one.
Please contact the CTS Help Desk if you have questions with the wireless setup or wireless connection (412.396.4357). Also see the Frequently Asked Questions section to this page.
DuqNet (Wireless Network) Setup Instructions
Please read these steps carefully and follow them in order to configure your laptop for DuqNet:
- All software upgrades must be complete before configuring your laptop for DuqNet. You will need to utilize alternate Internet access (e.g. your home) to download any software upgrades on to your laptop.
- Read Duquesne's Wireless Airspace Policy
- Initialize your MultiPass account. You will need this password to setup and use your wireless connection.
- Configure your laptop. Follow the step by step instructions from CTS for configuring Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OSX Tiger, MAC OSX Leopard, or iPod Touch for DuqNet.
- If your laptop's wireless card is not on this list, you will not be able to connect to DuqNet.
- Need a new wireless card? Try the DU Computer Store located inside the Student Union to purchase one.
- Problems? Try the WiFi Alliance to check the compatibility of your wireless network card with the WPA2-Enterprise standard.
Please contact the CTS Help Desk if you have questions with the wireless setup or the wireless connection (412.396.4357).