Drop and Withdrawal Policy
Duquesne University works hard to deal with changes that impact a student's enrollment. Still, there are some things that only students can control. Here are some things to keep in mind.
- Please be advised that you are financially responsible for all of the classes for which you will be registered. An email notification will be sent to you after your registration has been processed.
- Students may add or drop classes through the end of the add/drop period. If you need to drop a class, you must contact our office at 412.396.5600 before the start date for the course.
- If you decide not to attend, you must cancel your registration through our office prior to the end of the add/drop period.
- Students who are registered for the class and subsequently do not attend remain financially responsible for their registration unless written notification of their decision is received prior to the end of the add/drop period.
- Course withdrawals are processed once the add/drop period has ended using the deadlines published in the Academic Calendar. Course withdrawals result in a final grade of "W" for the class.