Tuition for the eight-session Program is $2600. Books and materials are included.
Session 1: Orientation
- Welcome and Introductions.
- Name and review The Five Practices of Exemplary Leaders.
- Explore the concept of Leadership vs. Management.
- Assess the Characteristics of Admired Leaders.
- Review the Personal Best Assignment.
- Prepare for the Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI) 360 Assessments
Session 2: Explore the 360 Leadership Practices Inventory (LPI)
Assessment and Model the Way
- Review and analyze the LPI 360 Assessments.
- Clarify and articulate the values that will guide your decisions and actions as a leader.
- Align your stated values with everyday leadership behavior.
Session 3: Inspire a Shared Vision Part 1
- Work through a series of thought provoking personal and professional questions to begin to articulate your vision.
- Create a historical time line of your personal/professional life to help direct light on the future.
Session 4: Inspire a Shared Vision, Part 2
- Describe your vision for the future of your organization to others in the class and seek feedback.
- Engage others in conversation about your vision of the future of the organization.
- Show how to engage team members as to how their long term interests can be realized by engaging in a common vision.
Session 5: Challenge the Process
- Look for new ideas outside the boundaries of the organization, in the context of shared vision and values.
- Take incremental steps in applying new and innovative solutions.
- Create a climate in which people are willing to take risks and learn from mistakes.
Session 6: Enable Others to Act
- Identify actions leaders take to make people feel powerful and powerless.
- Understand when to coach and when to teach.
- Review a model to help empower others in their organization
Session 7: Encourage the Heart
- Give examples of meaningful recognitions.
- Identify specific actions to take with team members to encourage the heart.
Session 8: Bringing the Five Practices to Life and Commitments
- Review specific actions, tools, forms to take from each practice for use in organizations.
- Articulate and document specific commitments of new leadership practices.