Professional Coach Certification Program
"The faculty created an environment that fostered learning, experimenting with new skills/making mistakes, and celebrating our successes. They all were very encouraging every step of the way and brought out the best in us. I will use my coaching skills in my job to coach leaders in my company around the world. My first two clients are in China and India."
Mary Jo Sonntag, Director and Consultant
Global Talent Management
For many people, wanting to help others to do better and succeed is a natural tendency. Several of those people think it's also a natural talent, but you know better. You know that coaching for success requires skills, knowledge and a strategic approach to the challenges and obstacles individuals may face. You also know that you find the greatest satisfaction in working with people one on one rather than in an organizational capacity; it's what drew you to the idea of a career in personal coaching. Now you're ready to take the next step to enhance your natural inclinations with the educational foundation to succeed in your own career and life-as you help others to succeed in theirs.
The Value of Professional Coaching
Empower. Motivate. Inspire.
Coaching is both an art and a science; professional coaches understand that. More than that, though, they understand how to effectively communicate with clients in a ways that generate real results. An effective coach guides, inspires and empowers others, all to help them reach their potential and take them where they would like to be personally.
Duquesne University's Professional Coaching Certification program, offered by the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement, is the only university-based program in Pennsylvania accredited by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
The Professional Coach Certification Program is designed for:
- Those seeking to become professional coaches in a private practice
- Managers who want to enhance their innate coaching skills to fundamentally improve their organization’s talent retention and relationship with employees
- Internal trainers and organizational development professionals charged with training other managers and sharing their coaching expertise
- Near-retirees preparing for a rewarding career they can pursue for many years to come
- Practicing coaches who want to take their certification to a higher level
- Individuals desiring to enhance their personal relationships
Professional Coaching Skills
The Professional Coach Certification Program aims to aid in the growth of each individual student. The program is divided into 8 course modules, each of which builds upon the lessons learned in the previous one. Ultimately, by the end of the course of study, certified coaches should be prepared to implement developmental coaching in the organizations they work in or even set up a private practice. The skills learned throughout the program enhance leadership capabilities, and include:
- Understanding the coaching relationship
- Demonstrating competency in coaching methods
- Developing trust in the coaching relationship
- Maintaining ethical behavior and attitude
- Gaining a stronger sense of self-awareness
- And additional essential abilities
If you've ever wanted to be a motivating force for those around you, professional coaching may be you're calling. Develop enhanced business skills and an aptitude for providing sound advice, all in one program! For more information about professional coaching, view the brochure below.