Applications, Admissions and Tuition - Professional Coaching
The following information provides you with a quick checklist of the experience, information and documents you must complete in order to enroll. You may want to print this page to help you track the items you have completed and submitted.
- College transcripts - transcripts from all colleges/universities attended must be mailed directly from college/university to the School of Leadership and Professional Advancement, 817 Libermann Hall, 600 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15282. A minimum of a bachelor's degree and/or significant relevant professional experience is required.
- Current resume - please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter of interest describing your background and interest in the coaching profession - please email to email@example.com
- Telephone interview with PCCP Director of Training upon receipt of completed application
Class size is limited to 24 students. Once the class is filled, students will be placed on a waitlist. Applicants will be evaluated as they are received according to the following schedule:
- Applications received by April 15 will be reviewed for early acceptance by April 30
- Applications received by June 15 will be reviewed for normal acceptance by June 30
- Applications received by August 15 will be reviewed for late acceptance by August 25
Tuition for the Fall 2014 program is $6,599. Your tuition will cover the entire series of foundation course classes, online modules, webinars and one elective.
Full tuition is due one week before class begins. Alternately, you may enroll in our payment plan, whereas tuition is divided into three payments. Information on the payment plan will be sent upon request.
This program is approved for GI Bill or VA education benefits. Please contact your VA office for more information about this opportunity.
Materials: Books are not included in the tuition fees and it is recommended that participants budget approximately $150 to cover these costs.
As part of a class assignment, you will be required to contract the services of a professional coach for a minimum of 4 hours at your own expense. Fees may range from $250 to $750.
Electives/Workshops: Additional electives or workshops may be taken at a fee of $250 each.
You will receive a 90% refund if you withdraw immediately (within one week) afer the first weekend. There will be no refund if you withdraw after this.
Minimum Technical Requirements
- Recording tools (to create MP3 files)
- High speed internet access
- USB headset (for webinar participation)
Special Opportunity for Credit toward a Master's Degree
Students who successfully complete Duquesne University's Professional Coach Certification Program may be eligible to receive academic credit toward several graduate programs in the School of Leadership & Professional Advancement (SLPA). Depending on the program selected, students can enter with up to six credits toward a master's degree.
"I found the Professional Coaching Program at Duquesne to be life-changing. I was able to align my vision, values, and strengths, improve my communication skills and start my journey as a Professional Coach."
Eric Swift, Author of Optimum Success Series, Business Coach/Consultant, Founder of Swift Advisors, LLC