Leadership Skills for Your Future
Developed in consultation with healthcare practitioners and industry experts, The Master of Science in Leadership, concentration in Healthcare Leadership program meets the leadership education needs of professionals working in the ever-changing healthcare field. Students in this program can expect to have greater impact in their current roles and be well-positioned for future leadership opportunities. Graduates of this program will be able to lead teams in ways that positively impact patient care, service excellence and their organization's fiscal responsibility.
After graduating, students will be positioned to:
- Apply proven leadership and management principles to effectively lead colleagues in healthcare organizations
- Leverage operational management tools and approaches to identify and resolve operational challenges
- Lead a diverse array of people in both team and individual situations
- Understand the ever-changing and evolving nature of the healthcare environment and design strategies to lead healthcare organizations successfully through change
- Employ self-reflective practices to support your ongoing growth and development as a leader, continually enhancing your effectiveness
Our innovative hybrid model is designed with working professionals in mind. The program structure offers convenience, flexibility and built-in opportunities to network in-person with peers and faculty
You will take most of your courses with a set group of peers who begin the program at the same time as you. This will help you build camaraderie among a network of colleagues who can offer support throughout your master's experience and in your career.
The most classes will take place online. These virtual learning experiences will include online discussions, individual assignments and small-group projects. Weekly webinars will provide regular touchpoints with faculty.
Each semester, you will come to Duquesne's Pittsburgh campus for three days. These full-day seminars will be scheduled on Saturdays, but they may be changed to accommodate student work schedules.
Each semester, you have the opportunity to participate in one or more events that will expand your horizon around career opportunities in healthcare. These special events will help you create and navigate a career path that is right for you.
Up to 6 graduate credits from an accredited university may be transferred into this program on a case by case basis upon advisor review.