Healthcare Leadership Curriculum
The program structure provides for optimum convenience, flexibility, and strategic use of on-campus classes and virtual meetings. Here's what you can expect:
Three, day-long seminars on Duquesne's Pittsburgh campus each semester. Initially these will be scheduled on Saturdays, but they may be changed to accommodate student work schedules.
Virtual learning experiences to include: asynchronous activities such as online discussions, individual assignments, and small group projects - together with weekly webinars that provide regular touch points with faculty. Webinars will be scheduled on a weekday evening mutually convenient to students.
Ongoing professional development and portfolio-building opportunities. Each semester, one or more events will be planned to expand students' horizons around career opportunities in healthcare and prepare them to create and navigate a career path that is right for them.
- Leadership in the Healthcare Environment
- Strategic Leadership in Healthcare Delivery
- Leading and Managing People in Healthcare
- Operations Management in Healthcare Delivery
- Organizational Behavior in Healthcare
- Financial Management in Healthcare Delivery
- Leading Quality Improvement in Healthcare
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Healthcare Leaders
- Leading Healthcare Policy Change and Innovation
- Leading IT Integration in Healthcare
- Networked Leadership and the Continuum of Care
- The Healthcare Leadership Challenge: Colloquium Project
Courses subject to change