Master of Science in Leadership, Community Leadership
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
- Margaret Mead
Lots of people are excited by the thought of climbing the corporate ladder. You're not one of them. Yes, you want the challenge of growing an organization and seeing it thrive. But you want your life to mean more than raising the stock dividend or buying up the competition. You want it to make a difference that will live on after you. The faculty and staff of Duquesne University feel the same way. That's why we offer a program to develop the leaders who will tackle the tough problems facing our society and the world.
The Master of Science in Leadership, concentration in Community Leadership (MSCL) is designed for the education of leaders who are committed to improving-indeed transforming-the quality of life in the community-whether across town or around the world.
The program emphasizes:
- Building consensus and a community of leaders
- Synthesizing individual and community needs
- Strengthening the overall societal impact of individuals and organizations
- Effective decision-making from visionary, ethical and analytical perspectives
- Leading change based on an understanding of people, processes and systems
- Developing, implementing and measuring the performance of impactful programs
- Identifying and capitalizing on strategic opportunities
- Shaping the future of our communities through community-wide dialogue and collaboration
- Engaging key community stakeholders to create lasting community change
- Tapping public and private resources to serve community-based initiatives