HCE 647 - Healthcare Ethics Rotations
Focus: Ethics Committees: consultation, education, policy.
Level of Supervision: Some independence to interact with health professionals.
Understanding. Learn ASBH Core Competencies.
- Nature and Goals of ethics consultation.
- Core competencies for ethics consultation: rationale, knowledge, process, character. See, Core Competencies.
Experience. Participation in Case Consultations, Professional Education, Policy Review &
- Participate in prospective and retrospective Case Consultations.
- Participate in Professional Education and Policy Review & Development.
- Engage the integration of clinical, organizational, and professional issues that ethics committees encounter.
Reflection. Consultations, Education, Policy.
- Critical reflection on Consultations, Education, Policy opportunities.
- Critical reflection via journals, readings, seminars, and a capstone essay/project.